To assist students with career building opportunities, to foster the relationship between employers and Vincennes University students and alumni, and to work with instructors to assist our students.
Center for Career & Employer Relations
Vigo Hall—South Lobby
We offer a variety of services to help all Vincennes University students entering their career path. Whether you need help discovering a great career just for you or help preparing for an interview, we are here to help.
- Undecided about which major is right for you? We have tools and guidance to help.
- Need help fine tuning your resume to market yourself? Contact our center.
- Are you ready for that interview? We can help with a mock interview.
- Searching for an internship or that first Career Job? Visit Blazer Careerlink to find career jobs in Indiana, across the United States, or even overseas.
- Looking for a part time job? We hold Job Fairs at the beginning of each semester. Several employers—located nearby or even on campus—are looking for good part time employees.
The Center for Career & Employer Relations works to assist all employers who want to connect with VU students or grads. Below are many services that we provide. If you have a special request, be sure to call our center at 812.888.4280.
- Searching for the right employee? Post your jobs our VU Blazer Careerlink.
- Want to introduce your company to our students? Talk directly to the right students during an on-site Informational Session.
- Thinking about holding interviews on campus? Contact our center, we can help.
- Looking to hire an experienced alumnus? Post your position on the VU Blazer Careerlink.
- Need to connect with our soon-to-be-grads? Attend one of our Career Fairs.
Occupational Graduation Follow-up: Often incoming students have questions about their chosen major. Will this major help me get into the job market? How much money should I make after graduation? Each year the Center for Career & Employer Relations conducts surveys with recent grads to find these answers. This data is shared below.
Each year, The Center for Career & Employer Relations holds workshops to help students get ready for the job market. These free “Marketing Yourself” workshops include topics such as interviewing, resume writing, and the value of networking. Local financial professionals also provide a series of Financial Awareness workshops. Check out this semester’s Calendar of Events below.