What is Blackboard?
VU Blackboard is the software solution used by Vincennes University to deliver online courses and to enhance the learning experiences of on-campus students. With Blackboard, faculty may post online course documents, create online assessment exams, host discussion forums, and make files available to their students.
Getting Bb Set Up for the First Time
Bb is not automatic, you will need to request an account, a site and student population. Please follow the steps below:
- Begin with a Bb ID, in order for me to create your Bb ID I need your myvu email (please send MyVU, not Lotus) if you do not know it call MIC at 812 888-4332 to find out what it is then email it to email@example.com and your Bb username and password will be emailed to you.
- Next go to "Create New Bb Site Request Form" located on Bb Maintenance Forms page (link below) and submit a request for a new Bb site.
- Finally use the load student population form to request student population for your courses.
- You can generally expect to have your courses loaded within 2 business days or less.
Getting your Bb Site Populated Each Semester (On-campus courses only)
You need to do 2 simple tasks:
1. Before you request a course population to your site(s) be sure to remove the old students (Deleting old students from course) If you do not have a site yet please use the create new Bb site request form.
2. Be sure to use the "Load student population" forms (Bb maintenance Requests Forms) below. Be sure to include the section number example ENGL101008, I do not need the CRN numbers
Remember: If you already have a site then you only need to remove or recycle old student population and request new population. Please do not request a new site for one that you already have unless there is a specific need. Also these directions are just for on-campus enhanced sites, not distance education courses.