The office of Disability Services assists all qualified students with disabilities in obtaining reasonable accommodations.
In the college setting, it is the student’s responsibility to initiate the request for any individual assistance.
- Students with disabilities who choose to request classroom accommodations should self-identify and register for accommodation assistance in the office of Disability Services.
- Appropriate documentation supporting requests for accommodations must be submitted prior to our endorsement of accommodations. See Guidelines for more detailed information about appropriate documentation.
- The office of Disability Services staff initially meets with eligible students and reviews the accommodation process.
- To initiate accommodations, eligible students must: 1) provide their professors with an accommodation letter supplied by Disability Services, and 2) meet with their professors to discuss the implementation of accommodations. Students are strongly encouraged to notify their professors of their qualification for accommodations at the beginning of the semester, in order to receive the optimum benefit.
- Regular appointments are not required in the office of Disability Services, however, students with disabilities are urged to notify the director of Disability Services of all problem situations, especially if they do not receive the reasonable accommodations they request.
- Students receiving accommodations must activate their use of accommodations each semester with Disability Services by filling out a Request for Services form.