Mission and Outcomes
The mission of Vincennes University’s Office of Institutional Effectiveness is to implement data-driven, continuous quality improvement processes in academic programs and non-instructional units in order to improve student success, enhance institutional effectiveness, and maintain Higher Learning Commission accreditation status. By offering faculty and staff one-on-one assistance, assessment and improvement professional development, recognition for model assessment and improvement processes, and coordination of the institution’s accreditation processes, the Office of Institutional Effectiveness helps Vincennes University achieve its mission as a premier learning institution.
Through the services provided by the Office of Institutional Effectiveness:
- Faculty and staff will use effective assessment and improvement strategies to identify program strengths and weaknesses and drive continuous improvement of student learning and program or unit effectiveness.
- Faculty and staff will regularly report and share data on student learning, program or unit effectiveness, and improvement plans and progress.
- Faculty and staff will create long-range program or unit effectiveness plans based on program review results.
- Internal and external stakeholders will be knowledgeable of VU’s institutional effectiveness and progress on assessment-driven improvements.
- Vincennes University will maintain its reputation as a premier learning institution by completing all processes required to meet and exceed accreditation requirements.
For more information, please visit improve.vinu.edu
Interim Director of Institutional Effectiveness
Prof. of English and Philosophy
Amy Hatton, Secretary
Office of Institutional Effectiveness
LRC Room 120
1002 N. 1 st Street
Vincennes, IN 47591